And you then wonder:
- If they’ve ever been outside of the United States and/or gotten medical treatment outside of the United States
- If they’ve ever been told they have ‘preexisting conditions’
- If they’ve ever been chronically ill & uninsurable
- If they’ve spent their life savings paying for medications
- If banging your head against a wall will be more productive than trying to explain to them why their statement is incorrect
Awkward moment when you realize the speaker is NOT Canadian - Oops, sorry eh?
I was only confused for a moment. ;)